more Quotes
Connect with us

law an courts

‘Female CCC members fondled in prison vehicle’ – The Zimbabwe … – The Zimbabwe Mail

CCC female members and their Lawyer Chris Mhike


LAWYERS representing 25 members of the Citizens Coalition for Change (CCC) who were arrested last week in Harare’s Budiriro suburb have accused the Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services wardens of transporting female prisoners in the same van with male prisoners who are not members of the party, which resulted in the females being fondled along the way.

The lawyers, Wilbert Mandinde, Kudzai Kadzere and Chris Mhike added that one of the accused persons acquired the COVID-19 virus while in prison and has been isolated for 10 days.

Harare magistrate Yeukai Dzuda ordered the State to investigate the abuse and bring the report to court by Friday.

Meanwhile, the defence filed the accused persons’ bail applications.

But the State said the accused might join their colleagues to commit similar offences if released on bail.

The defence insisted that bail was a constitutional right and the accused persons’ liberty must be preserved. They also submitted that the State failed to provide reasons for denying the opposition members bail.


The matter was postponed to today for bail application continuation.

Allegations are that on January 14, 2023, the accused persons responded to an invitation for a meeting at Budiriro MP Costa Machingauta’s house.

Last Saturday, the activists who were dressed in their party regalia gathered at Machingauta’s house where they chanted CCC party slogans.

It is State’s case that ZRP Budiriro received a tip off that the accused were gathered illegally and went to investigate.

“Upon arrival at the scene of crime, the police observed that the accused’s conduct was disturbing the peace of a section of members of the public. The police ordered the accused persons to disperse, but they resisted leading to their arrest. The accused had no lawful excuse to act in the manner they did,” the State submitted. – News Day


Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

law an courts

Zimbabwean Embassy To Launch A Plan For The Return Of ZEP … – The Zimbabwe Mail




The Zimbabwean embassy in South Africa is expected to launch a strategic plan for the return of the Zimbabwean Exemption Permit (ZEP) holders.

South Africa cancelled the ZEP facility last year stating that holders will not be allowed to reside, work or learn in that country beyond 30 June 2023 if they cannot find alternative legal permission to live there.

About 180 000 Zimbabweans face deportation.

Several lobby groups met last week at the University of Cape Town to discuss the upcoming court bid to oppose the government’s decision to scrap the ZEP.

A lawyer representing permit holders, Advocate Simba Chitando, told SABC News that the Zimbabwean government is not responsible for the decision to terminate the ZEP. He added:


In my view, all the Zim government can do is make provisions to accept the Zim nationals who may want to return to Zimbabwe. It looks like the Zim government is saying that for those who wish to return, I got the sense that it is a voluntary exercise, and they are doing what any government would do when there is a crisis in a foreign country, to make provisions for the return of its own people.

South Africa’s cancellation of special permits for foreign nationals is part of a broad exercise of reviewing its immigration policies to manage an influx of economic migrants.

It is viewed as the government’s response to intensified calls and efforts by South African nationals who have over the years been calling for the ejection of foreign nationals whom they argue were taking their jobs and business opportunities.

More Pindula News


Continue Reading

law an courts

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has charges … – New Zimbabwe.com

Spread This News

Manchester Evening News


Mason Greenwood has had criminal proceedings against him discontinued.

Charges against Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood have been dropped.

Greater Manchester Police have announced today that criminal proceedings against the 21-year-old have today been discontinued. The 21-year-old striker had been charged with attempted rape, engaging in controlling and coercive behaviour and assault, allegations relating to the same woman.

But in a statement today, Chief Superintendent Michaela Kerr, GMP’s Head of Public Protection, said: “Given the significant media coverage of this case, it is only fair that we share the news that the 21-year-old man, who had been arrested and charged in connection with an investigation opened in January 2022, no longer faces criminal proceedings in relation to this.

“The investigation team has remained in regular contact with the legal team, providing any updates of note, and so understand the rationale for the discontinuation of proceedings at this stage, and that this decision has not been taken lightly.

“Despite the media and public’s interest in this case, we have decided not to comment on it in any further detail.

“I would, however, like to use this opportunity to reiterate GMP’s commitment to investigating allegations of violence against women and girls and supporting those affected, regardless of their circumstances, throughout what can be a hard and upsetting time for them. An ever increasing number of officers are receiving specialist training and the force is more consistently utilising tools, available via the criminal justice system, to keep people safe and care for victims.

“If you feel you are or might be a victim, please don’t let this case put you off asking for help.”

A CPS spokesperson said: “We have a duty to keep cases under continuous review. In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case.

“We have explained our decision to all parties. We would always encourage any potential victims to come forward and report to police and we will prosecute wherever our legal test is met.”

Greenwood, who joined United aged six, has been suspended by the club during the court process. He has not played professional football for a year. The last game he played for United was the Premier League fixture against West Ham on January 22 last year.

About a week later, on January 30, Greenwood was arrested after a woman made a series of posts on Twitter. He was arrested and has been suspended by United ever since.

The following day, his sponsor Nike announced it had suspended its relationship with the footballer, later confirming the partnership had ended. Prosecutors charged Greenwood with the three offences about eight months later, in October.

He appeared before magistrates on October 17 and then before a judge at Minshull Street a month later, on November 21.

Continue Reading

law an courts

Vast Resources expects historic diamond parcel release in coming days – Marketscreener.com

(Alliance News) – Vast Resources PLC on Thursday said the High Court of Zimbabwe has granted a default order against the Minister of Mines & Mining Development, in relation to the release of a historic parcel of diamonds.

The London-based mining company with projects in Romania and Zimbabwe said the High Court order for the release of the parcel of 129,400 carats of rough diamonds is expected to be signed in the coming days.

The company said the High Court should allow for a “lawful and transparent” process to begin for the release of the historic parcel to the company.

Vast Resources said the stones would be independently cleaned and valued, before being sold via a tender process. The company noted that once these processes have been finalised, it will refocus on other opportunities in Zimbabwe.

The diamonds have been held in the custody of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe since 2010, pending the determination of an appeal against the High Court’s decision in 2009. Vast resources began formal legal action in the High Court of Zimbabwe in December 2022.

Chief Executive Officer Andrew Prelea said: “Despite taking longer than anticipated, I am very pleased to announce that after many years of hard work and discussion with the Zimbabwean Government the matter regarding the release of the historic parcel has now been amicably settled in a manner supported by an Order of the High Court of Zimbabwe.

“This demonstrates the Zimbabwe Government’s and in particular His Excellency President Cmd. E D Mnangagwa’s commitment to resolving legacy issues related to investment in Zimbabwe in a transparent and legal manner for the mutual benefit of investors and the Country.”

Vast Resources shares were down 14% trading at 0.68 pence per share on Thursday afternoon in London.

By Harvey Dorset, Alliance News reporter

Comments and questions to newsroom@alliancenews.com

Copyright 2023 Alliance News Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 ZimFocus.

www.luzroyale.ky/

www.1africafocus.com

www.zimfocus.co.zw

www.classifieds.com/

One Zimbabwe Classifieds | ZimMarket

www.classifiedszim.com

www.1zimbabweclassifieds.co.zw

www.1southafricaclassifieds.com

www.1africaclassifieds.com

www.1usaclassifieds.com

www.computertraining.co.zw/

www.1itonlinetraining.com/

www.bbs-bitsbytesandstem.com/

Zimbabwe Market Classifieds | ZimMarket

1 Zimbabwe Market Classifieds | ZimMarket

www.1zimlegends.com

Linking Buyers To Sellers Is Our Business Tradition